Saturday, August 6, 2011

One Week Left

This time next week my 3 running friends and I will be headed to Las Vegas. The plan is to check in to our hotel and then go to the Expo. At 8:30 we leave to travel to Rachel, Nevada, by bus. From there we will leave the start line at 12:00 midnight to run 31.7 miles. Crazy!

For whatever reason, I am not very nervous about this one. I am running with friends, without a time goal or any expectation except finishing. I am really looking forward to it.

My training has gone really well. I ran a personal high of 98.1 miles for the month of July. Of course the over-achiever in me wished I had paid closer attention and reached triple digits. I am really happy right now to run as easy as I am. I am excited about ET and then Disneyland just 3 weeks later. So much fun to look forward to!

T - 7 days until we will be ultra marathoners!

No comments:

Post a Comment