Sunday, February 17, 2013
Love on the Run
Seventeen years ago I met an amazing person. This tall, happy guy became the most important person in my life, but I obviously didn't know it then.
Brady and I met in a difficult time for me. He helped bring stability and happiness to my chaos. Six months after we met, he left to be a Marine Security Guard overseas. For 30 long months I waited for him and prayed he would still feel the same when he came home.
He did, and the rest is history.
Part of our recent history is our love of running. Since we started long distance running, we have logged hundreds of miles together. That process has taught us patience, empathy, and understanding. As it seems, you hardly have low points at the same time. It just so happens that one of us will be itching to go when the other is loving the idea of a nap. We have learned to pick each other up, stay positive, and enjoy the time together.
PRs are great and athletic achievements mean a lot to both of us. In the end though, our favorite 'date' involves a beautiful trail, amazing views, and our sweaty palms joining together to cross the finish line.
I love you, Brady and I can't wait to find out what the next adventure holds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment