I am in a funk.
I don't want to run most days.
Running is hard and not a lot of fun.
My last 3 races (excluding a 10k with my daughter) were DNFs.
I have struggled all summer to find the joy in running and it has eluded me.
I have considered quitting.
With homeschooling the kids and a very heavy teaching load, I am frazzled.
I just sent in my registration for Javelina Jundred and I am not sure I can finish.
I need to get my head screwed on straight or that will become DNF #4.
I really NEED to love running again.
I miss the endorphins and the feeling of accomplishment of a big race.
I miss my running friends too!
For those reasons, I will continue to lace up the shoes and chase my happy thoughts.
I know they will come around again, if I look and work hard enough.
Have you been through a running slump? What did you do to resolve it?
No comments:
Post a Comment