I have toyed with the idea of a full marathon since last September's Disneyland Half. The 13.1 miles flew by and was so much fun, I thought I may need to experience the full deal.
My friend Theresa is running the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon on June 5, 2011. I bit the bullet a few weeks ago and signed up too.
She reminded me that tomorrow marks 18 weeks out. Our favorite online trainer, Hal Higdon (responsible for my September success) bases his guides on an 18 week plan. So... January 31st is my first official day of marathon training. I am mixing his plan up just slightly to throw in a 13.1 mile Princess run in February. Otherwise, I will be dedicated so that I will not die on the course in San Diego!
If you are interested, here is the plan I am going to follow: http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/novices2.htm
I got my princess running gear in the mail yesterday. Every princess needs the right attire for the ball :)
No comments:
Post a Comment