Monday, May 23, 2011

Who Needs Toenails, Anyway?

Apparently, not me!

I am feeling quite sorry for myself right now. My poor feet have been through the ringer the past month. I bought new shoes, bought new socks, and have started putting body glide on my toes. Weird... I know.

The nail on my left big toe has been black since the 18 mile run a few weeks ago. Thankfully, it fell off on its own. I wasn't so lucky with my right foot. The doctor surgically removed that nail on Friday. I have to say, it is amazing how much shots in your feet hurt. There has not been a shot that hurt more than those! Yikes. Having a one 1/2 inch or so square open wound on my toe has not been fun. It is amazing how much you use your toes when you walk. Sleeping is tough, and my daughter has stepped on it twice. All of this is ok, though, if I can run. As I sit here, 72 hours after the removal, I am questioning when that is going to happen. My toe still throbs. It still hurts to put full weight on it. I have a marathon in 13 days!??!?! Refer back to my previous post about fear. That is where I am! Scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment