In order to get the news out about Team Jester's progress, I was 'tweeting' throughout the event. Due to a lack of cell coverage, many would post at once when I would drive into covered areas. I did notice that many of my tweets did not make it to Facebook. In order to give you an idea of the timeline of events, I decided to copy them all here in one place.
Sunday, July 15, 2012
12:19 pm Team @runjesterrun has arrived at #badwater135 check in!
4:23 pm Amazing picture opportunities with talented athletes. Epic energy here with @runjesterrun #bw135
4:35 pm
@deankarnazes told Mini Jester Colby to avoid Badwater when he grows up. All in good fun at #bw135
5:15 pm 10:00 am wave check in complete. Back to the hotel for rest before the party begins tomorrow for Team @runjesterrun at #bw135
Monday, July 16, 2012
7:23 am Quote of the hour: "oh no, I got my skirt wet." Mini Jester #bw135 @runjesterrun
8:00 am Last Meal before an ass kicking at Badwater
8:04 am QOTh: "that skirt is probably pretty comfortable, right?" Random Stranger in Denny's #bw135 #runningskirts
9:22 am A magnet snafu on the way to the start, but back on track now. T minus 40 minutes to the start of the journey. #bw135 @runjesterrun
9:24 am The #runningskirts have the guys in touch with their feminine sides. Words describing the scenery: breathless, fabulous, majestic. #bw135
10:00 am start is off. Jester is off and running with a smile. @runjesterrun #bw135
10:57 am. 10k done.
11:35 am QOTH: "don't tell anyone, but I am running Badwater next year and plan
on beating Ed's time." - Martha and her great sense of humor #bw135
12:18. 14 miles in for @runjesterrun #bw135
12:45 pm QOTH: "I may be wearing a skirt, but I still have all my guyness." Vomit Boy #bw135 #runningskirts
12:49 pm Waiting for Ed at Furnace Creek, mile 17. Fat Boy to be first pacer after check in. #bw135
12:50 pm QOTH: "I won't wear a skirt when I run Badwater." Mini Jester
2:25 Marathon distance done. @runjesterrun has passed a couple more runners. 110 degrees. #steadypatiencepaysoff #bw135
2:35 pm Ed's first 26.2 time: 4:30. #bw135
2:59 pm Mini Jester signs for the runners. First one: did you know kangaroos can pick the gender of their babies? #distractionisgood #bw135
3:19 pm. 116 degrees. Ed is killing it. Passing runners from other waves. Crew looks great. All is well. #bw135 @runjesterrun
3:48 pm. 36 miles in at. All is well. Can't post pics because we don't have enough connectivity. @runjesterrun #bw135
5:14 pm Stovepipe Wells. Mile 42. @runjesterrun #bw135
5:35 pm. @runjesterrun starts the first climb. #bw135
5:40 QOTH: "when this is all over I hope I get my brain back." Mrs. Jester #bw135
5:45 (I yelled out to Bib 4 that he was an amazing rockstar. This is his response) Bib 4: we're only amazing because of people like you. Our crew gets us through. Pretty choked up over this experience. #bw135
6:00 pm Bib 85: I am trying to be nice to you (to her crew). Am I? Response: you called me a dick 5 miles ago. Does that count as nice? #bw135
6:58 PM. No idea what mile this is. Huge elevation gain out of
Stovepipe. The will of these amazing athletes inspires me beyond
measure.
7:38 PM. @runjesterrun 54 miles in. 87 degrees #bw135
9:32 pm. Ed is almost to the top of Towne Pass Summit. Nearly 5,000 feet of climbing. Amazing night in the desert. #bw135
10:00 pm. Trying to take a nap, but Mini Jester insists on cheering for every runner passing. Can't discourage that spirit! #bw135
10:39 PM. Temps have dropped to 75. Runners enjoying a downhill portion after that brutal climb. #running machines #bw135
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Midnight. 79 degrees. Amazing, long highway of car flashers and runner headlamps. Beautiful sight. @runjesterrun doing well. #bw135
July 17th marks 30 years of marriage for The Jester and Mrs. Jester! Here's to many more! Love you guys! @runjesterrun
July 17th is Ryan Fat Boy Launder's 36th birthday. I am sure this will be a memorable one! Happy Birthday, my friend! Semper Fi!
1:30 AM. 77 miles in. Foot care and then back on the road. More climbing ahead. @runjesterrun #bw135
3:02 am. 66 degrees. Ed is dealing with another big climb. Heard Mike Miller was in 4th place. Hoping still true. @runjesterrun #bw135
4:10 am. 51 degrees. Looking forward to daylight and the renewed energy it will bring. #bw135
4:20 am So frustrated only some of my updates are posting. We are ok! 80+ miles in. @runjesterrun #bw135
The sun is rising at #bw135 Team Jester doing well. About 80+ miles in.
6:11 am Mike Miller at mile 101. #bw135
6:44 am Last year's #bw135 Champion Lopez just through Lone Pine. Currently in second place. Front runner 40 minutes ahead.
6:56 am Mrs. Jester, Colby, and I are in Lone Pine getting hotels. After a nap, I'll post pics. Took hundreds do far. #bw135 @runjesterrun
9:41 am @runjesterrun and Cadillac Steve mile 90 #bw135
9:43 am Team Jester through 100 miles in 23:05
10:49 am @runjesterrun is at mile 113. Less than a marathon to go! #bw135
10:50 First female Sumie through mile 122 #bw135
2:25 pm Team Jester is checked out of Lone Pine. Headed up to Whitney Portal for the last 13 of this epic journey.
Team Jester into the finish in 32 hours, 22 minutes


No comments:
Post a Comment