Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Are you DART?
I was recently contacted by a good friend and former classmate. He was starting a new business and wanted my opinions on his products. I was excited to have the opportunity. We all know one can never have too many workout clothes!
What is DART?
From the founder:
DARTGEAR is a new and growing company; we are 100% Bootstrap. Not to insult ones intelligence but that means we are entrepreneurs starting this company with little capital. The bottom line building is this company is from personal finances and from the operating revenues of the new company. As the company grows and evolves inventory and product lines will increase.
The DART concept of I am Determined, Aggressive, Resilient, Tenacious, and I will Dominate Annihilate, Ruinate, Terminate, was envisioned over 20-years ago. Therefore, you may say, where has DART been for the past 20-years? The founder of DART was an active duty U.S. Army Special Forces soldier and decided to wait before he started DARTGEAR, LLC and the DART collection. As a Special Forces Soldier, DART’s founder has lived and continues to live the DART Persona working with some of America's most elite Special Forces soldiers.
I wore the double DART ladies v-neck to the Lake Hodges 50k. The shirt was very comfortable. It has that t-shirt feel, but performs like a tech shirt. It was a hot and dusty day, but the shirt was amazing. I have since worn and washed my shirt several times with little apparent wear. The colors on the logo held up well and this shirt remains as comfortable as the first wear.
So, my opinion is that everyone needs a DART shirt (or several) to remind them to be that aggressive person that gets sweaty, stays healthy, and resilient while working out. We all need to reminder sometimes, so why not wear it for all to see!? In doing so, you are supporting an American hero as well.
You can find DartGear here:
www.dartgear.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DartGear/485433281469806
www.Twitter.com/DartGear
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Dr. Shawna, thanks and great review of DART and DartGear. As Shawna mentions, I have embraced my entrepreneurial spirit and finally launched a concept that I first envisioned over 20-years ago. Do not let the name confuse you, it has nothing to do with darts. It is all based on the poison arrow dart frog and employing an acronym to it...It is based on my life in Special Forces...when we trained we were Determined, Aggressive, Resilient, Tenacious and when we deployed on a mission we would Dominate, Annihilate, Ruinate, and Terminate.
ReplyDeleteIt is a persona that I lived for 20-years and believe can be applied to every aspect of one’s life. So I applied it to t-shirts to start and launch my entrepreneurial spirit and hope it catches and takes off. The Facebook and Website are still in their infancy but you have to launch at some time.
Like Dr. Shawn, I know I wear my DART - Double Dart Logo Crew Neck for working out and love the material and Sport-Tek fabric technology...It is great.
So I hope you take some time to check out the Facebook page where I post motivational posts each day. And, I hope you check out the DartGear Website…We have some great products and would like to hear from you on what you think we should add.
Thanks again Shawna,
Shawn